- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 240ml Nexba Pineapple Soft Drink (or Nexba Probiotic Pineapple Soda)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 700-800g thick white fish such as cod, barramundi, monk fish or ling (fillets must be at least 3cm thick)
- Spray olive oil or avocado oil
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to serve
- 500g potatoes, sliced into chips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp flakey sea salt
- In a large bowl, prepare the batter by combining 1 cup flour, cornstarch and baking soda. Add in the beaten egg and Nexba Pineapple Soft Drink and stir until smooth. Cover and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- In a smaller bowl, combine ¾ cup flour, salt and pepper and spread onto a plate or flat tray.
- Batter the fish by first drying with a paper towel, then tip in the wet batter, allowing the excess to drip off. Then coat in the dry flour mixture. Continue with all the fish fillets.
- Set the air fryer to 200°C. Spray all the battered fish fillets with oil, ensuring a light coating and place them in the airfryer basket, lined with baking paper. Fry for 15 minutes. Test one fillet in the thickest section to ensure the fish is cooked. If not, place in the fryer for another 3-5 minutes.
- Coat the potatoes in olive oil and salt.
- Set the airfryer to 190°C and place the potatoes in the basket. Fry for 10-15 minutes, shaking once or twice throughout, until golden brown.
Share your creations with #Nexba