These Better Night Sleep Burgers are made with fresh, wholesome ingredients to nourish your body for a better night's sleep. Packed full of colourful, probiotic-rich chutney, lean turkey mince and fibre-rich sweet potatoes, this recipe is a Nexba-twist on the classic homemade burger. Serve with an icy cold sip of Nexba Pineapple Probiotic Soda for a quick dinner that's good for your guts!
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1cm rounds
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- 1/2 cup Nexba Pineapple Probiotic Soda
- 1 cup fresh, pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- Sliced tomato
- Fancy lettuce
- Sliced avocado
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare pineapple chutney by combining Nexba Pineapple Probiotic Soda with pineapple, red capsicum and chilli in a small saucepan.
- Cook for 10 minutes over low-medium heat or until liquid starts to reduce and capsicum softens.
- Add rice malt syrup and lime juice. Continue cooking over low-medium heat for a further 5-10 minutes or until liquid has become syrupy. Set aside to chill. Once chilled stir through mint.
- Coat sweet potato rounds in olive oil.
- Place onto a lined baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 10 minutes or until golden both sides and tender. Set aside. These will be your burger bun alternative.
- Prepare turkey mince burgers. Combine mince with garlic, onion and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Shape into large burger patties.
- Place onto an oiled frying pan. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Assemble burgers by layering sweet potato, lettuce, tomato, turkey patty, avocado slices, pineapple salsa and top with sweet potato.
Share your creations with #Nexba