- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger, fresh, peeled and grated
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 6 pears, peeled and diced
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Nexba Apple, Pear & Ginger Kombucha
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 3 tbsp coconut flour or plain flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Olive oil, for frying
- 2 cups rocket
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, sliced
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- Add oil to a pot and heat over a medium heat. Add in the cumin, coriander, ginger and chilli and stir for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add in the diced pears, cinnamon, cardamom, salt and Nexba Apple, Pear & Ginger Kombucha.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and leave to cook, partially covered for 40 minutes, until the chutney is thick. Stir occasionally to ensure the chutney doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Use a potato masher or whisk to smash the pear pieces and break them down. Continue simmering for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer into a jar and leave to cool before placing a lid on and storing in the fridge.
- Grate zucchinis into a colander and, using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Alternatively, put the grated zucchini into a clean tea towel, pull the 4 corners of the tea towel together to form a ball and squeeze!
- Add to a bowl with flour, parmesan and salt. Toss to combine.
- Stir through the beaten egg.
- Heat a large pan to a medium-high heat and pour in a generous amount of olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, shape 1/4 cup dough into flat rounds and fry. Flatten with your spatula in the pan, otherwise the middle won’t cook.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes each side. Adjust the heat if burning or not browning enough, and add more olive oil if required.
- Serve 3 fritters with rocket, Greek yoghurt, chutney, a squeeze of lime and a drizzle of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Share your creations with #Nexba