This Good Gut Feels Mug Cake is the perfect quick recipe for when you’re craving chocolate cake or need a delicious quick dessert after dinner. Simply combine these whole food, nourishing ingredients, add them to a mug, throw it in the microwave and cook for 2 mins and you’ll have yourself a delightfully decadent, healthier choc mud mug cake for sweet dreams and good gut feels. This recipe is brought to you by Casey-Lee Lyons from Live, Love, Nourish.
- 1/2 cup Nexba Mixed Berry Kombucha
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp gluten free flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup mixed frozen berries
- 2 tbsp sugar free choc chips
- Dark chocolate
- Fresh berries
- In a mixing bowl whisk Nexba Mixed Berry Kombucha with egg, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add almond meal, cacao, gluten free flour and baking powder and combine.
- Stir through frozen berries and chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into 2 oiled microwave safe mugs (I use coconut oil to grease).
- Cook each for 90 seconds – 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to slightly cool.
- For a decadent finish, serve with fresh berries and melted dark chocolate or chocolate shavings.
Share your creations with #Nexba